4 Hugues Ross - Blog: Back
Hugues Ross

10/13/12

Back

It's been quite some time since my last post. This is mainly because I've had a ton of work for college. Until Thursday, I was working my butt off to get a basic demo finished for my team in Game History and Development.

The general point is that we're given an idea and have to design and pitch a game along with a demo. This time it was a brief description of what was basically a quintessential "social game" based around plants and farming, but it had to be unlike Farmville. Quite the task. To cut a long story short, I became the lead programmer since I have the most experience out of the group, possibly the class. What followed was a couple of weeks battling OpenGL, then a couple of days whipping up a quick demo in Love. I can't believe how simple it makes things. Anyway, I couldn't get ANY personal work done during that time, so I don't have any updates on that front. I'm a little burnt out, but I'll try to get a little bit of work done during the week or two of downtime. I'll probably spend that time trying to get OpenGL to work how I want it to, so that in the future it won't be as much of a hassle. We'll see. I may also document the next project, if my team is willing.

On another front, I'm planning to enter in a couple of game jams, namely Fuck This Jam and the 0h Game Jam. I'll also be keeping an eye on compohub.net for any interesting game jams coming up.

One last note: I'm going to do my best to update at least once a week so that anyone who reads this knows that I'm not dead.

EDIT: I've deleted the schedule. I never followed it anyway.

No comments: