4 Hugues Ross - Blog: AMAZE - 3 - Sprites!
Hugues Ross

7/11/13

AMAZE - 3 - Sprites!

First off, I apologize for my super late post. I was aiming to have it up as soon as sprites were implemented, and it took way longer than anticipated. Then, I spent a while carefully procrastinating. Anyway, I can now take png files, convert them into spa files, and load them up into the engine. The files are notably small, as I'm also compressing them with zlib. The current implementation of sprites isn't great, as it was more just a test to see if it was possible to get this setup working. I'm going to spend a few days making general improvements, then I'll move on the interesting bit: Collision Detection.

Also, as I previously mentioned, I'll be posting some thoughts on a game from my steam library tomorrow. I'm planning on trying to do this each Friday. We'll see if that lasts.

No comments: