4 Hugues Ross - Blog: AMAZE Released!
Hugues Ross

4/25/14

AMAZE Released!

Changelog:

  • Added more bonus pickups.
  • Fixed a bug where Zone 2's music wouldn't play.

Well, it's finally over. As of today, AMAZE and all of its source files are available for download on the games page. To be perfectly honest, it's a very underwhelming game. There's a serious lack of polish, a (thankfully rare) crash bug, and a general unfinished feel to the game. It makes me sad, in a way, to see it end like this. I first started this project about a year and a half ago, making it the longest project I've ever completed. Despite this, it has a similar, if not worse, feel compared to my tiny game jam games. Anyway, at least I know the reasons why. I'll explain that more thoroughly in my postmortem tomorrow. 

Needless to say, I will not be making the same mistakes again. I will be beginning a new project shortly, along with the second version of DFEngine. I will be fully rewriting the code, but now that I know what I'm doing it should be a bit faster. Stay tuned for that!

No comments: