4 Hugues Ross - Blog: Update: Please Hold.....
Hugues Ross

7/24/14

Update: Please Hold.....

I've run into a really awful snag. After doing some more testing, I've found a couple of horrible crash bugs that have practically materialized overnight. I have no idea what could have caused this, and hours of trying to remove it have failed spectacularly. I could keep hammering away at these bugs, but I'm not expecting much at this point. Instead, I'm putting Akradion indefinitely on hold. This is not to say that I'll never release the game. However, I think it's best to move on for now, and I don't want to promise any particular deadline.

Despite this terrible news, I still think the project was a success of sorts. Even if I hit a roadblock like this at the end, Akradion has proved that this version of DFEngine is functional enough for game development, and I can keep going without scrapping the whole thing. That said, there are a few systems that I plan to upgrade or replace, but most of the engine is staying. I'll be making another post soon detailing my next course of action. In the mean time, I'll be participating in a new game jam this weekend, providing me with another test for DFEngine.

In addition, I've decided to be more transparent about my projects. From now on, most of the projects that I post here will have their full source code available on Github, and if you're not afraid of getting a little messy with code you'll be able to see the new additions to my projects in action every week. I plan on starting this within the next two weeks, and I'll post again when it happens.

No comments: