4 Hugues Ross - Blog: Update: Graduation, and a new approach
Hugues Ross

5/16/16

Update: Graduation, and a new approach

Let's get the big news out of the way: On May 14th, I graduated from Champlain College with a Bachelor's Degree in Game Programming!

That's right. This blog was started just before the start of my Freshman year, with the goal of documenting my work throughout my studies. Its purpose is now fulfilled, but I have no plans on stopping anytime soon. I'm going to keep posting as long as I can, so don't worry about me disappearing.

Now that I have my degree, I also have to start considering how to divvy up my time for working on projects. I doubt it'll be very long before I'm working 40 hours a week, so I need to come up with a solution that will last beyond my current 'vacation'.


The Plan

Right now, I'm planning to adopt an Agile-like method of working on my projects. Every week, I'll figure out which tasks from various projects to work on, and then try to get them done that week. For now though, that seems like a bit of a leap from my current carefree work-on-whatever schedule, so I'm going to be taking this transition in steps.

For now, I'll be trying to make a list of several projects every week, and focus on one or two every day. This should give me enough content to make at least one post per week. (No promises, though)

It's likely that you'll also see more non-programming content. I've been meaning to do more with art and audio for a while, but school got in the way time and time again. I'm hoping to practice those skills a bit, and maybe that practice will turn into posts once in a while!

No comments: