4 Hugues Ross - Blog: Tutorial: Let's Make a CLI Game!
Hugues Ross

9/29/14

Tutorial: Let's Make a CLI Game!

Next Part
Recently I've been playing XCOM (both of them), and they've left me wanting to make something similar. As far as I can remember, I've never actually made a strategy game, so I think it would be a fun learning experience. That said, my 7DRL attempt has gotten me thinking about the terminal more, and I think such a game would fit perfectly on a platform like this. Thus, I've decided to try and make a strategy game for the command-line. At this point, you may be wondering: "What does this have to do with a tutorial?" and the answer is simple:
I've always wanted to give something back to anyone who reads this blog, so from now on I'll be writing tutorials and posting them up here! Thus will be the first series, but you can expect more in the future. Eventually, I'd like to see this blog become mostly a collection of information and resources for devs, and this is the first step in that direction. As I create this game, I'll be writing up posts explaining what I'm doing, why I'm doing it, and how I'm doing it. I hope you'll stick with me for this experiment, and hopefully the first real post will be up later this week.

Even if you're just curious I encourage you to stick around. You're bound to learn something!


One final note: These tutorials will take considerably more time and effort than my usual posts, so don't expect them to show up as often.

No comments: