4 Hugues Ross - Blog: Finally, Some Progress!
Hugues Ross

3/16/13

Finally, Some Progress!

So, it seems that I've missed another date. I was going to post early this week with a fun little sprite I made, but then I actually started getting work done on my map editor. Thus, I figured it was best to wait until the end of the week and post everything together.



Here's what's happened:


  1. I finally got around to drawing something for fun! It's quite small, but I actually had quite a bit of fun drawing this. 

One of my friends is a bit of a mad scientist, so I wanted to draw him as a proper one. Then, I just couldn't resist giving him an evil laugh.








2.  My new mouse came in. For the past few weeks, I've been stuck working on a laptop without a mouse. That all ended yesterday! To be more specific, I got one of these. So far, I've found it quite nice.

    3.  I've significantly improved my map editor, as I mentioned earlier. It now has these new features:
         -The pencil tool places tiles down in continuous lines. So does the eraser.
         -Added a flood fill tool, just like in my old map editor.
         -All of these tools are now selected with keyboard shortcuts.
         -I started working on a line tool, but it's still got its fair share of bugs.

I'm pretty happy with myself right now. I'm hoping this sudden burst of energy lasts me until vacation.

No comments: