4 Hugues Ross - Blog: AMAZE - 6 - Relief
Hugues Ross

8/15/13

AMAZE - 6 - Relief

Note: I meant to post this Tuesday, but internet issues and wanting to write another post alongside delayed it. Just remember that.

It hasn't been very long since my last post, but I've got some pretty great news: For the moment, the engine is done! By spending the last few days literally working myself to exhaustion, and today fixing the multitude of errors and terrible bits of code caused by being worked to exhaustion, the room system is entirely done. What this means is that 6 posts in I can finally begin work on AMAZE proper - and that's awesome. The engine's far from done, of course. For instance, sound will currently be handled by allegro's default setup for the moment, and much of my code will need cleaning up and reworking.

Anyway, now that that's done it's time to start on AMAZE. Hopefully, I'll be able to use that to work out the kinks in the system prior to the next Ludum Dare.

Now then, I'm quite annoyed about ending up with all of these short, imageless posts. I want to get another big progress post out by the end of the week, so we'll see.

No comments: