4 Hugues Ross - Blog: Change is Coming!
Hugues Ross

9/22/13

Change is Coming!

Once in a while, I think it's important to step back from what you're doing, look around, and revise a bit. I passed 4,000 pageviews recently and I think this is the perfect opportunity to do just that. This week, I'm going to go through all of my old posts, and write about them. Some of this will be simple commentary(or criticism), while other posts might just finish up anything I promised to do but never did. This does mean that I won't be posting any of the regular stuff, though. Along with these posts, I'm going to be deleting anything old that doesn't meet certain standards. For the most part, this will just be those "Sorry for not updating, whoops" posts that are just lying around.

Of course, just going over all of my  old stuff won't be all. From now on, I'm going to try and make my future posts more interesting in general. For starters, I'm going to start posting bits of code and explaining not just what I do in my code updates, but how. I'll be explaining each step of the process so that those of you who don't know how to code can understand what's going on.

Another big change is that I'm finally willing to admit that I made a big mistake this summer. Honestly, I really shouldn't have tried to put together every bit of my engine as a single project. I've recently been considering yet another rewrite, and that's when I decided that I should stop here. Instead, I'm going to just try and finish AMAZE as soon as I can. After that, I'll keep working on the engine as a part of my next project. Hopefully this will encourage me to make lots of games instead of all of these slow, boring updates.
I think that's everything. Basically, I'm going to try and make a ton of changes to make things more interesting. With any luck, the first review post will be tomorrow.

No comments: