4 Hugues Ross - Blog: Fixing things up, part 1
Hugues Ross

9/17/14

Fixing things up, part 1

UPDATE: The new games page is up! Go check it out!

Since creating this blog, I've done very little to the content apart from occasionally changing the canned theme. As a result, things have gotten a bit messy around here. Today, since Singularity's new release is done, I've decided to blow out the cobwebs, so to speak, and make the site a little bit nicer.

The first change is coming to the games page. Currently, the game content is poorly formatted, overflowing in some areas, and generally looks like crap. I've redone a portion of the page, and I think I've made some big improvements to the way everything looks. I've added a header to each project, adding a header and some symbolic icons showing the target platforms. I've also messed with the alignment to make sure that noting spills over: The images stay on the left, and the text stays on the right. Overall, even though the changes aren't huge I'm quite happy with the result. Here's a side-by-side comparison of the old and new layouts:
This new change should hit the main site within a day or two.

While I was at it, I also removed a few widgets that I didn't find very useful, and added a custom favicon based on the DFEngine logo. It doesn't seem to have updated yet on my end, but it'll probably be there soon.

I plan to make more changes in the future, but I think I'll leave things at this for now. Hopefully the site will continue to improve as I work on it! If you have any feedback about these changes, or want to make a suggestion, leave your thoughts in the comments below or email me at hugues.ross@gmail.com.

No comments: