4 Hugues Ross - Blog: Singularity Update 6
Hugues Ross

9/27/14

Singularity Update 6

Changelog

-Added basic support for RSS enclosures.
-Made some improvements to the feed adding dialog.


Adding Feeds

When I released Singularity last week, you could already add feeds to the program easily enough. However, there were a number of small annoyances concerning this. Originally, I had the dialog hide itself when you did anything with the main application, but I found it to just be an annoyance. Finally, I've gotten around to letting it stick around. Additionally, the url input on the popup was accepting extra lines, resizing the dialog when when it got long urls, and just generally being a pain in the butt. This has been fixed. However, these changes are just temporary. I plan on redesigning some parts of the UI based on my own experience using the program.


Redesign?

Right now, Singularity has most of its screen space taken up by a web view. If you're trying to read some updates, this is great, but any other action renders the area completely useless. Thus, I've decided that most of the UI that was going to be put in dialog boxes is going to go there instead. That way, the space won't be wasted. I haven't tried this setup yet, but I think it'll work much better than what I'm doing right now.

No comments: