4 Hugues Ross - Blog: Singularity Update 4
Hugues Ross

9/5/14

Singularity Update 4

Changelog:

  • Added support for RDF feeds
  • Tested 252 different feeds on Singularity, currently 251 of them are correctly handled.
  • Fixed a ton of issues when trying to get/parse feeds in various situations.
  • Added icons to the GUI that display the load/update status of each feed.

I really want to release Singularity as it is. I really do. At this point, the old version doesn't even compare to what I have now, and I'm starting to get antsy. However, there still remains one obstacle before I can put out a release. Currently, clicking on links will open the contents in the same view that's being used to display feeds. Obviously, that's a bit of an issue. The old Singularity doesn't have this issue, but it has a bad habit of opening embedded content in a browser window. It's a small annoyance, but with larger feeds it can get quite out of hand. I want to find a better solution before I release this version, since being able to actually open the links that come in is (obviously) a very important part of the software. Once I figure that out, I'll be set to release this version. This time, it's good enough to provide publicly as well. I probably won't post another update on this until the release, but I also expect the release to come next week so it shouldn't make any difference. When that post DOES come, I'll give a general round up of what's there and talk about the future of the project a bit.

No comments: